Overseas Landlords

As an overseas landlord you want the peace of mind that your property and tenants are well looked after and that any maintenance work is carried out to a professional standard and at a reasonable price.

Our overseas clients have complete confidence in our ability to make urgent decisions when neccessary, always with their best interests in mind. This is especially important due to the time differences around the world that can cause delays in communication.

Non Resident status

The centre for non resident landlords (CNR), part of HMRC, state that all estate agents must deduct basic rate income tax from rents received unless the landlord has an exemption from HMRC to receive the gross rent in full.

We strongly recommend that all landlords apply for the overseas exemption. It’s a very straight forward process that only requires a short two page form (Nrl1) to be completed and returned to HMRC. The process normally takes about four weeks and then confirmation of the exemption will be sent to both you and your letting agent.

Without this exemption you will have basic rate tax deducted from your gross rent and then charged a fee for the quarterly tax submission to HMRC.

For further information consult HMRC at: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/CNR/nr_landlords.htm

Or if you would just like a copy of the Nrl1 form then please contact us.

Arrange A Free Valuation

Click Here