We offer a free, no obligation, rental valuation of your property and can also advise you on any maintenance/refurbishments you may be considering.
There are no hidden admin fees in our lettings service, our letting fee covers all the administration involved in getting tenants into your property.
The lettings service includes:
- A free rental valuation – we will visit your property and give you an honest appraisal based on the size, location, and condition of the property, as well as taking into account any time constraints and current market activity.
- Marketing your property – we use professional photos to show off your property and advertise your property on our website and the two leading property portals, Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Referencing – using an independent tenant assessment agency we check CCJs, credit score, previous landlord history, bank details and employment references. In addition we obtain a copy of their passport and proof of address.
- Conducting viewings – we do viewings at appropriate times that are convenient with the existing tenants or landlord and give detailed feedback wherever possible. A holding deposit is collected once an offer has been agreed.
- The tenancy agreement – our standard tenancy agreement is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, except for company lets where a standard contract agreement is used. This is included within our letting fee.
- Organising pre-tenancy works – we can arrange statutory requirements such as the Energy Performance Certificate and Landlords Gas Safety Certificate as well as inventories, professional cleaning and also maintenance/refurbishments (managed clients only).
- Collecting deposit – a six week deposit is collected prior to the tenant moving into the property. The deposit is transferred into the Deposit Protection Service for the duration of the tenancy.
- Collecting the rent – we collect this on your behalf and forward the net rent to you each month accompanied by a detailed statement of account.
- We highly recommend that landlords also take our management service, that way you will have the piece of mind that the property and the tenants will be well looked after.
Letting Service Fees
We charge 7.2% (6% plus VAT) of the total contract for the letting service. This is payable upfront at the start of the tenancy and is normally taken from the first rent payments until the total fee is paid. Thereafter the landlord receives the rent in full each month.
For landlords who take our management service as well, the letting fees are available monthly.
For each renewal, we negotiate with the tenants on your behalf to persuade them to stay on for either an extension or more likely a further 12 month tenancy. This includes a rent review and if appropriate an increase in rent. We also continue to collect the rent each month and issue any statutory documents that may be required. Our letting fee for renewals and extensions reduces to 4.8% (4% plus VAT).
Manage My Property offers its lettings services to landlords in the South West London areas such as Battersea and Clapham. You may get in touch with us in order to learn more about our services and our service areas.